The below are what I would consider the “core” posts on legal / finance issues that entrepreneurs should learn.
Formation – Bootstrapping
- Top 10 legal mistakes made by entrepreneurs.
- When LLCs Make Sense for Startups
- Why VCs typically prefer corporations
- How to avoid trademark infringement when choosing a name.
- 7 common tax mistakes to avoid
- Documenting Startup Expenses
- Founder convertible notes – Put your money on the cap table.
- Rich v. King: The (Core) Founder’s Dilemma
- Friends and family rounds.
- Fundraising mistakes founders make.
- Everything you wanted to know about convertible notes.
- Don’t rush a term sheet.
- The best seed round structure is the one that closes.
- What Startup Accelerators Do
- 10 Rules for Startup Employment Law
- Five compensation related mistakes to avoid.
- Startup Employee Offer Letters